Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kid's Kingdom

Me: Good Morning children.
Children: Good Morning teacher....
Me: How are you today?
Children: I'm fine. Thank you Teacher Cherie....

The above is the first and foremost conversation that most teacher in Kid's Kingdom will use to make the children talk and learn how to greet in the respective class. I've been serving there for almost 2 years plus now... Since March 2006... haha...

Time passes so fast.. Seeing my first and second batch kids grow and shouting teacher from a far. Yeah this year is the third batch and my class change name from Stage 1A to Chipmunk. Chipmunk/ 1A is the youngest children in the entire Kid's Kingdom. Their age is average 5,6 and 7. Most of them don't know how to write and read. So my duty and purpose there is to teach them how to write from A to Z, read and know the simple word like apple, ball, cat, dog, elephant and etc. Adding to that, I need to know the malay term for these words to explain to them like ball is bola and stuff like that. Besides that they will also learn some simple song from me.. haha.. Actually it used to be a poem but I change it to some song and movement to make them easily memorize the word. This idea came when I was in secondary school. As usual, Our sejarah text book is super hard to read and it is a nightmare before exam. So every time exam I told myself "How I wish that I can come out with a song to memorize all the facts here". Yeah I did it for my little children now. They even perform on stage.

Chipmunk is the youngest yet the most noisy in KK. So asking them to keep their volume lower is a MUST and every end of two session my voice sure very soft. Pamper them is a job to do especially to make them finish their work and sometimes when they cry because of quarrel with friends or mother is not around the area. Thank God that I can teach writing with my both hand and Thank God for granting me the patience to stand some of the kids. I love small children but sometimes really need to sound them or don't give them sticker at the end of the class.

At the end of the two session, normally my face or t-shirt will be colorful. Wondering why? This is the result from sharpening average 30 color pencil per session and the small small piece of leads stick to my hand. So when i move my fringe with hand, some will stick on my face or drop onto my t-shirt. That's the reason why my face is colorful. Lastly, cold shower and cold ice water is a must after KK. Plus, I will end up spending three to four hours of sleep cause all my energy used up in 3 hour of teaching and pampering small kids.

My artwork with right hand on the first session. I did it together with my little children. They are also colouring the same picture. A lion carrying a happy mouse under the hot sun.
My second artwork of the day. I coloured this with my left hand. Did it during the second session when all of them is colouring the lion and the mouse picture.

No comments: